You’ve had pancakes, but we bet you’ve never had Dosa before!
Crispy chewy rice pancakes, toasted to perfection on a flat grill, impress both your friends and your little with @ediblegarden’s Indian rice crepes!
You will need
- Idli rice
- Urud Dal
- Butter or ghee
* Idli rice and urud dal can be commonly found at specialty Indian grocers.
- Soak 3 cups of idli rice and 1 cup whole urad dal separately for 3 hours.
- Grind the urad dal to a smooth paste and set aside in a bowl.
- Grind the rice to a fine paste and add to the ground urud dal.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt, mix well, cover, and leave in warm dry place to ferment for 8-10 hours. You might see some bubbles form as the batter ferments.
- When it’s mealtime,heat up a griddle or frying pan on medium-low.
- Melt some butter or ghee on the pan, make sure your pan isn’t too hot or the butter will start to brown!
- Mix the batter gently and pour about a tablespoon in the center of the grill
- Spread the batter out as thin as possible using a dough scraper or spatula. Think pancakes, but super super thin!
9. Remove and serve once the batter turns light brown
10. Ensure proper seating for your Little (we recommend the Cocoon high chair for this)
11. Tear up the Dosa into tiny pieces and dig in!
A huge thank you again to @ediblegarden for sharing this wonderful recipe!
If you tried out @ediblegarden's recipe let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Calling all chefs: Share your recipes with us for a chance to get featured on our blog! Send in your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org